- The sun is setting later and later and I’m making use of that by going for a walk before six these days.
- I went to the last Mustermesse Basel ever – and it was as slightly weird as I remember it to be. Still sad to know it was the last one.
- After I saw that the place I tend to go to have duck and dumplings has Char Siu now I went to give it a try – I quite like it! I might still get the duck the next time again, though.
- Sunny day today – I wanted to go for a walk at one of the usual places where I take walks sometimes and I didn’t even make it out of the car at the car park, it was so crowded.
- I bought the latest Civ IV expansion and wasted basically all my weekend on it. It’s fun, though. A lot harder than it used to be.
February 17, 2019
February 16, 2019
Well, hello there.
February 15, 2019
February 14, 2019
February 13, 2019
Blue sky = Dominik looking at planes out of his window during lunch break.
February 12, 2019
February 11, 2019
- Nothing much happened. A work week, a lazy weekend. Installed two games on the XBox – The Division 2 and some old WRC game. Enjoyed both of them for a bit, then they turned into work. Might not be much of a gamer at the moment.
- Went on a short walk covering all three countries here. Didn’t make it all the way to France due to the wind being extremely cold on the bridge over the Rhine.
- Bought and wok-ed bok choi. That is pretty easy and very delicious. Should do that more often.
February 9, 2019
February 4, 2019
- My internet at home isn’t very fast and yet somehow it still feels faster to upload a file to the cloud than copy it to my NAS.
- Turns out the ten-years-challenge photo from a couple of weeks ago shouldn’t be the first picture someone sees of me. On the other hand – this has been my only photo on Tinder for quite a while and the few women who liked it are objectively pretty great.
- Every time I go to Cologne I feel less interested to ever live there. Given that I’m there for work roughly once a month, it will be interesting to watch when I actively dread even going for a few days.
- Health hasn’t been great this week but that’s what bloody winter does to you.
- I closed the circles in the fitness tracking app on my watch on every day of January. Let’s see if this continues in February and if I manage to write the blogpost about it that I have in mind. Both chances are roughly 10% yes/90% I’ll get bored with it.
February 1, 2019
January 29, 2019
January 28, 2019
I look at my blog archives and this is the fourth or fifth try to get something like a weekly blog post started. This time with the great weeknotes format that I’ve seen for the first time on Alice Bartlett’s website. I’ll collect little bits and bobs that I might have tweeted in the past in Drafts and will turn them into these little brain dumps roughly once per week.
- What really sparks joy at the moment: the Bialetti Mini Express. It is very fun to watch an espresso come out of the little fountain.
- Cheap Virtual Machines are both a blessing and a curse. A curse because they make me think I might be able to do dev things, a blessing because when I inevitably mess one up, I can just shut it down and start up a new one.
- If you have a custom taxonomy in WordPress and you want it to still work in WordPress 5 you have to add them to the REST api with the
show_in_restparameter, which is a bit dumb. I also didn’t manage to move one of my meta boxes to the sidebar, so now it is dangling underneath the editor, which is also a bit dumb.
- Slowly is a joy but it turns into proper work at some point. I might have reached a point where I have to disable getting messages from new people.
- Comics RSS is the best. I quite enjoy getting a couple of cartoons in my feed reader every day.