Here we are. 2022. Let’s try the weeknotes again, shall we? And yes, I know it is technically Week 52, 2021 – but let’s be real, we all want 2021 to be over even though I stopped being optimistic about the whole new year, new world kind of thing. And don’t even get me started on new year, new me.
So – are there any resolutions? Well, no. Maybe to try to write these these once a week.
- Holiday / New Year’s Specials of British panel shows:
- 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown
- The Big Fat Quiz of the Year
- Finished watching Hawkeye. This was surprisingly good. I think all in all I prefer the Marvel TV series to the movies.
- Started watching The Book of Boba Fett. A good start for the series, I’m looking forward to the next episodes. Probably not as much as some of my internet friends who stayed up until midnight just to watch the first episode the very moment it was released, though.
- No Time To Die Well. It’s an adequate James Bond movie. I guess that’s at least something?
- Shang-Chi I don’t know why it took me so long to watch this one. It’s probably because when it comes to movies, I’m a bit over-marveled. Haven’t watched the Scarlett Johansson one yet, either. I did quite like this one — it’s basically a Wuxia movie with a bit of Marvel sprinkled in. It was a bit weird how quite a lot of the special effects were just very, very good and some looked like they were from a C-Movie.
Vroom-vroom – mostly Assetto Corsa Competizione, where I had the absolutely stupid idea to drive a 24 hour race. Not all at once. It’s possible to save and load. But even in shorter stints of roughly an hour that’s a long game. Currently I’m halfway through and at position 7 out of, uhm, 30? I think. I’m okay enough with the driving but the whole race strategy and pit stop thing puts me further and further behind.
And Forza Horizon 5 – mostly online with Teymur which is good fun. For some reason Martin prefers to drive alone.
Nobody stopped me so I’ve started the probably 20th attempt on writing my own blog CMS. This one will stick, I’m sure of it.