Let’s time-travel back to the year 2000 and have a look.
Pick Your Battles – yes, new technology is amazing. Seriously. But there is a lot of value in an established software stack.
Alone Together, Again – Alex Payne on his divorce. Well worth reading.
- Spidergoat-silk + human skin = (nearly) bulletproof flesh – Boing Boing
- "Jalila Essaïdi attempted to create bulletproof human skin by implanting transgenic spider-silk with human skin."
- Let’s give those a try | Flickr – Photo Sharing!
- Chinese sneakers. Build quality of a Soviet-era Škoda, but rather comfortable so far.
- Derek Powazek – “Nobody Uses Their Real Name” and Other Outdated Notions
- The Redditor
- HTML5 Rocks – How Browsers Work: Behind the Scenes of Modern Web Browsers
These are my links for January 5th from 11:10 to 23:01:
- Kepler telescope spots ‘Styrofoam’ planet – A giant planet with the density of Styrofoam is one of a clutch of new exoplanets discovered by NASA's Kepler telescope.
- iPhone vs Android: It is Happening Again – Google's support of Apple's iPhone helped make a great and innovative Apple product more successful, and now Google is doing a Microsoft and driving its Android environment hard with new hardware and a more open approach that will create an entire ecosystem of incented hardware makers, software providers and carriers to make Android successful.
- Now you can play Foursquare anywhere – Attention, suburbanites: You, too, can be the mayor of your local Home Depot.
- YouTube – Boise State girl tearin’ it up on the cowbell! [720p] – Happy Cowbell girl is happy.
- Music Blog Zeitgeist of 2009 / The Hype Machine – Forget the magazine editors & big label marketing budgets. This is the best music from 2009 chosen by the most passionate music fans alive: music bloggers.
These are my links for November 5th through November 7th:
- Style Icon: Cayce Pollard from William Gibson’s "Pattern Recognition" —> NOGOODFORME.COM – So awesome you can't even see her.
- Captured Photo Collection » Ian Fisher : American Soldier Photos – Oh wow.
- Bob’s Blog – ColdFusion Tidbits: Setting up a Mac to Work with Git and GitHub –
- Mockingbird –
- Phone texting reveals sensitive new metrotextual | Technology | Internet | Reuters –
These are my links for October 30th through October 31st: